The budget is adopted by the Board at a public hearing, to which the public is invited and allowed to make comments on the budget. At least 60 days prior to the budget hearing, the Board will approve the initial budget in draft form, adopt a Resolution approving the budget and setting the public hearing, and provide a copy to Brevard County for their review and comment. Once presented to the Board for their initial approval, the budget is available to the public upon request. The Board will discuss the budget at any interim meetings prior to the public hearing and can make changes to the budget up to the point when it is formally adopted by Resolution.
The two operative words in the budget process are “approve” and “adopt.” The Board is required to approve an initial budget in order to set the public hearing and to provide it to Brevard County. Only after a public hearing may the Board officially adopt its budget.
The budget for the Viera Stewardship District consists of the following budget elements:
- general fund budget (the administrative and limited operations and maintenance of the District and its common areas)
- Fiscal Year 2017 proposed budget
- Fiscal Year 2016 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2015 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2014 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2013 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2012 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2011 adopted budget
For anyone interested in budgets prior to fiscal year 2011, please contact the District Office.